Thursday, April 12, 2012

Eleven

My friend Jennica tagged me in one of those blog question thingies. I've never been tagged through a blog, nor have I ever answered a survey for a blog post. Here we go!

Rules:
Post these rules.
Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you.
Create 11 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag.
Tag 11 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged)

1. Why did you start blogging?

A lot of married people I knew blogged and I thought it looked fun - that's how it started anyway. Now I blog mostly for me. I get to continue to write and be creative, two things that I love. Also, I hope my great-great-grandchildren read this and think, A) My Great-great-Grandmother was a total fox, and B) My Great-great Grandmother was nerdy and cool at the same time.

2. Favorite store?

Tie between the Dollar Store and JCREW. The Dollar Store brings out a creative demon inside myself that I personally love to let loose. Plus it makes me feel frugal (I'm not) and I love walking up and down the aisles thinking of fun projects. I especially love the Dollar Store in Oregon because it literally costs ONE DOLLAR! And JCREW because its simple and classic. I love how their clothes hardly ever go out of style, but they continually have an updated and unique color palette each season. And did I mention their cardigans? Love 'em!

3. What cheers you up on a crappy day?

A solid run, a kiss from Ev, watching Arrested Development with Nick, and solitude while simultaneously reading a good book.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I'll be almost 30. Yowza! I see myself happy wherever I am and whatever I'm doing. Hopefully Nick has successfully passed the bar and he's practicing law somewhere in the Northwest. We've got two beautiful kids, maybe three and we are living in a house. (No more apartments, please!) Our life is simple and boring to most people, but active, busy, and cheerful to us. We spend time together as a family and Nick is still the sexy-chiseled-jawed man I married almost 9 years ago!

5. Chocolate or Vanilla?

This one's easy. Vanilla all the way. I've never liked chocolate. (Que, gasp!) Unless its paired with fruit or peanut butter, count me out with chocolate. Nick told me once he drank straight from the vanilla carton once because it smelled so good. I married him not long after.

6. Spring must have?

A maxi skirt, a chambray button-up, and classic pair of wedges.

7. All-time favorite movie?

Gah! This one is too hard. Probably Can't Buy Me Love (with Patrick Dempsey). I could watch that movie everyday and never get sick of it. It makes me want to buy a hideous white suede suit with shoulder pads. Honorable mentions include Braveheart, Clueless, and Baby Mama. (I'm an enigma, I know)

8. Who/What inspires you?

Nick. He is the hardest working person I know and he's constantly trying to improve every aspect of his life. He inspires me to improve myself which is an unbelievably attractive quality to me.

My mom. She is selfless and dedicated to everything in her life. She's faithful and kind. I couldn't ask for a better role model for a mother. In a world lacking morality, she's always remained constant in seeking what's right. I'm so proud of her for choosing to stay home and raise me (and my siblings), much to the mocking of other moms and people. She never made me feel like she was "missing out" on something better when she stayed home to raise us kids and she was always (and still is) very verbal about the importance of putting motherhood first.

9. Random fact about yourself?

I have mild OCD. My closet is color-coordinated, my spices and movies are alphabetized, and my utensil drawer is almost always immaculately organized. I'm a creature of habit and routine, but Nick's spontaneity thrills me. Also, I love to color and draw. I'm pretty terrible, but I'd love to take art classes someday.

10. Dream travel spot?

France. (duh!) But also anywhere in the Mediterranean. Nick would be sad with both those answers since the surf isn't that great, so I'd be happy in Tahiti too.

11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Nothing. I love who I am. I'm incredibly imperfect, but after becoming a mom, I've realized that you will never be satisfied with yourself if you constantly wish for something better. I've learned to appreciate what I have and I can honestly say I'm happy with it.

That's it. You're probably sick of me anyway. Plus if you're my mom, you are probably disappointed because there are no Evie pictures in this post. (Lo siento Madre) Alright, I'm going to follow Jennica and not make up my own questions. If I tag you, just answer the same ones I did.

And I tag the following people:

You're it!


3 comments:

Rachel Elder said...

You are so funny... seriously though. Everytime I read your blog I'm always dying from laughing!

P.S. I loved Chelsea's blog. You are such a great writer and I love Chels! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I had to work this week. It was fun to catch up on your blog!

sheila said...

I wouldn't change a darn thing about you either, you make me so very, very proud!! Can't wait for the Queen Bee Bash tomorrow!

Darrell said...

Keep writing! Your stream of consciousness is enlightening, inspiring, and entertaining. Since the advent of blogging, i have certainly written less in my journal. i think this is a better medium for recording who we are and how we view the world.