Monday, July 13, 2015

Sworn

If I ever catch up on this blog, I'm buying an entire DQ ice cream cake and EATING IT ALL BY MYSELF. I'd better get to it! That cake is calling my name...

Nick was sworn in as an attorney in the Spring. Don't ask me what month or day because I can't remember. April or May ish? Something like that.


A lot of cool people came out to support us.



Some people are cooler than others.


While others are not.


The three attorneys.


Ev seemed a little perplexed about the whole thing.


Anna caused a bunch of cute ruckus.


Bernie and my Dad both said some awesome things about Nick.


The official swearing in.


Booya!
Honestly, the swearing in is pretty cool, but NOTHING is better than getting the email that says you passed the bar. It might have been the best day of my life.


Love these two!


And these two! They are SO MUCH ALIKE. A bond to be treasured for sure.


"Should we hit up DQ on the way home?"
"It's like 9 AM."
"Has that ever stopped you before?"
"I hate that you know me so well."


I could get all mushy and prideful about my husband, but I've already told him a thousand times how much I love him, so I'll just tell you that I'm totally pinching his buns in this picture.
(He's obviously happy about it)


Patti and Dave never miss an important event in our lives and we love them for that.


Future attorney? 
(Probably not. The CIA has already contacted me about her future service as an assassin.)


And here's everybody. I didn't get individual pictures of everyone there! Sorry to anyone I missed.


Our FAM BAM.


All the attorneys of Smart, Connell, Childers & Verhulp.


So grateful that Melinda, Gram and Bernie could be apart of Nick's special day.


Being sworn in is EXHAUSTING for everyone involved.
(JK, we're just snuggly)


She's not posy at all.


Loverrrrrrs.


Sissies. 


I took her outside to beat her during church and she runs up to this tree and says, "Mom! Do you know that I would be really cute up against this tree? Take my picture!"


I hate it when she's right.


Bored post-church car selfies. 







She's not a bad partner-in-crime.

No comments: