Friday, November 2, 2012

Flashback Friday: Engaged

4 years ago this month, Snick took engagement pictures.
We didn't have a blog when we were dating/engaged so everyone in the blogosphere missed out on seeing like 500 pictures of us making out.

And I just could NOT let that happen.
Enjoy:

















Nick and I were joking that we never do anything for our anniversary. We vowed that a small portion of our next tax return will go towards it somehow. I came up with a few ideas:

1. A weekend in New York that includes: Tickets to Colbert Report, ringing the Wall Street Bell (mostly for Nick), a visit to Mood (mostly for me), and an edible Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives tour of the city.
2. A James Bond/Daniel Craig tour of Europe (fast car included).
3. Vegas, Primm outlets, and a Celine Dion show (sadly, this is not a Joke...I'm classy that way).
4. Surf/sunbathe every beach in Australia.
5. A pasta our of Italy, including some new leather goods for Snick.
6. A quick trip to India - Eat, Pray, Love style, minus all the sadness/infidelity.
7. Washington DC to see the Tranes. (Not that romantic, but at least Ryan would make his German Chocolate Cake)
8. Rent a mansion in the Hamptons and search for Ina, or at least visit the Barfoot Contessa.
9. Paris. (no elaboration needed)
10. Go for a jog on the Great Wall of China. (Not sure this is even possible, but its worth a shot)

Luckily for me, I don't have to choose from any of these amazing ideas. I already know that our 4-year anniversary (this May) will likely include *Arby's and Parks and Rec.

Dang, its gonna be good!

*For someone who claims not to like fast food, I sure have an afinity for those roast beef sandwiches, milkshakes, and curly fries. 





4 comments:

MaryJane said...

1. I've eaten at 5 DDD places in the last couple years...one of them twice!

3. I've seen Celine twice in Vegas.

* have you tried the Ruben at Arby's? Yummmmm

OK, that's all I've got. Except you seem really good at that whole picture/making out thing!

Darrell said...

i love your anniversay ideas. Someday for sure.

Julie said...

Can Andy and I join you on your anniversary trips? Haha. Those sound amazing.

Rachel Elder said...

You are seriously hilarious Sydney. Every post... you never cease to make me laugh. Arby's is bomb, what ya gonna do? That list is pretty amazing though. If I even did one of those in my life I'd feel really cool. Also, I love that you posted some of your engagements. No wonder Ev is beautiful, look at her parents!