Monday, February 27, 2012

Striped: Before, During, and During

Bedroom before:



During:


And during:



More to come hopefully. Once we get a lamp, paint/sand a shelving unit, figure out the dresser situation, and add some window treatments it will be finished. (Now you see why I can't wait until "After," because lets be honest - will there ever be an "After?")

It was a pretty cheap re-do. I made the yellow and reddish pillows and we purchased the paint. Those are the only "new" things. The wall is a lot bluer than I expected - I think I need a lesson in picking out paint colors. They never turn out how they look on the strip. Oh well.

FYI: Painting stripes on a wall is nauseating. Don't do it. But if you are going to ignore my advice, splurge on frog tape. That saved us a lot of time even though we didn't quite use it right. I think if we would have followed the directions exactly then it would have saved us even more time.

There it is. So many hours (Nick working, me directing) went into this baby. I told Nick we are going to knock the wall down and transport it when we move into a house. He laughed. Then I laughed because I'm dead serious.

3 comments:

Darrell said...

you so talented!

Darcee said...

It turned out so awesome! So glad I got to see it in person last weekend. Thanks for letting the Zoo break in your newly furnished room! And no, it's never done...house projects never really end.

Rachel Elder said...

Wow, that looks adorable and time consuming! I love the colors! What a cute room! Who needs an after when the during looks so good??