Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Quiz Yourself

Today, let us see how smart you really are. Please allow yourself to answer honestly the following question.

True or False: Pregnancy messes with brain function.

Since some of you are in denial or have biases of which will never be changed let me enlighten my point of view with some specific instances from recent weeks.

CASE A

Nick: "So I had to write a lame mock blog post in class today about BP's current situation and how people are reacting to it."

Syd: "Do you know anything about BP? You have only been in there with me and I doubt you were paying attention."

Nick: "What in the world are you talking about hun?"

Syd: "BP, the section in Nordstrom."

Nick: "You are joking, right?"

Syd: "What other BP is there?"

Nick: "This conversation should probably just end here."

Syd: "No, please tell me. Is there a more popular BP?"

Nick: "To most of the world, yes. To you, nope."

Syd: "Oh, okay. Well, I will just keep my mindset of what BP is. It is probably better for both of us."

Nick: "Good plan."


CASE B

Twenty minutes later we are returning home from class and Syd graciously offers to make breakfast. Eggs and toast are on the menu and I hear her begin to crack eggs. A few seconds later a long groan follows. I ask her if she is alright. Silence. I walk over to the sink. Shells and yolk are swimming in the basin. Lesson learned...a bowl is needed to catch the eggs before they slide down the drain.

As all you know, Syd is the most detailed oriented person when it comes to subjects such as crafts, school and weddings. Somehow, pregnancy has affected this slightly. It is not often that Syd lapses common sense or judgment, that is usually my daily failure.

So there it is, pregnancy does mess with brain function.

Seriously though, you should all know I love my wife with all my heart and she is already making a fantastic mom. It's an innate talent for her and our girl is very blessed to have such a smart, good looking, humorous, talented, good looking, loving and good looking mother.

9 comments:

Amanda Jeffs said...

Sydney isn't the only one that thought when someone referenced BP, they must mean Nordstroms. Haha been there!

chelsea said...

Let's be honest that fact that Syd's only recognition of BP is in reference has absolutely nothing to do with her being preggers. But everything to do with her solid upbringing--hopefully she can instill the same shopping fundamentals into baby snickerdoodlette!!

Tiffany said...

So funny! Tell syd I had no idea either what bp was! Haha. Miss you guys.

MaryJane said...

Nick, you don't know me--my girls went to school with Darcee; but I hope you used THIS blog entry for you school project about BP. I haven't laughed this hard in ages. As a former college instructor, I'm sure your instructor could use the lift!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

OK, this cracks me up! If you didn't know before, you know now that the Smart family and Nordstroms go hand in hand. It's the only store I remember Sheila taking me to in Yakima...yes, there used to be a Nordstroms in Yakima! But, I'd have to say Syd's brain farts (excuse the term) have more to do with Senioritis and 4 term papers than pregnancy? :)

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

IT TOTALLY exists! :) Unfortunately I used the excuse of pregnancy brain a few or .... 20 times after Adyson was born... then it's just crazy mom brain! Hang in there! Your perfect baby girl will be more than worth all those moments! It was GREAT to see you guys at the wedding! We love you!

sheila said...

What can be my excuse for poor brain function? I am certainly not pregnant. Let me know ok Nick? This post was sooo funny I laughed right out loud! Awesome!

Darcee said...

Tears are streaming down my face. This was THE funniest post I've read in a long time. Ha! And I have to agree with Chels. We all know that Syd's BP knowledge or lack thereof, has nothing to do with being pregnant. It's okay Syd. You can't be good at everything, right? You just keep baking up that little bunlette. Ally needs a buddy.