Thursday, December 1, 2011

Before and During

Since I probably won't finish our living room/family room/den/playroom/reading nook until our last year of law school, I thought I would post Before and During pictures instead of Before and After.

Before.


During



As Cher Horowitz would say, "Not a total betty, but a vast improvement."
I still have so much I want to do. Curtains in a plum purple on either side of the fireplace, a comfy chair where the lamp is for a reading nook, figure out what I'm actually doing with the fireplace and put some stuff up there, etc.

Things I hate about our apartment:
1. ALUMINUM BLINDS. Seriously? Gag, gag, gag!
2. A fireplace with no mantle = boo.
3. Windows that don't open = double boo.
4. White walls and beige trim. (no contrast makes finding a paint color difficult)

So normally I wouldn't lie in bed at night and think, "Wow, I'd love to paint my apartment the weirdest color of purple ever seen," BUT, when your landlord gives you such strict criteria (beige or pastel), you've gotta roll with it. I would have simply done a beige, tan, or light grey wall but the trim is beige and that just doesn't work.

So there it is. I found a tutorial on Pinterest for a ruffled curtain. I'd love this one from Urban Outfitters, but I think given a few months and some painkillers I could bust out a sloppy version for half the price. I definitely want to go with a plum though. I'm obsessed with plum lately.

Speaking of plum, I have worn these everyday since my Mom gave them to me for my birthday.
They are so fab. I always tell Nick that I have three babies. Now I have four.

My babies
1. Evster (Duh! She is numero uno for a reason)
2. My red kitchen aid
3. My dijon-colored Le Creuset dutch oven
4. My rain boots.

That all sounds so vain of me (except for the first one), but I can't help but love 'em.

And what's a blogpost without my favorite baby of all time?


Suddenly my other babies seem so lame...

5 comments:

Kiley said...

I think the purple wall's cute Syd, and I love your boots :) good picks on both

Amanda Jeffs said...

Sydney, you are so talented! I also love that you posted a picture of your rainboots. I was obsessing over wellies recently, but they don't make much sense in arid utah. Looks like you are having fun!

MaryJane said...

Love the "during" pic. You have really got it going. Want to redo my basement? We've been here 24 years and haven't changed a thing! Yech!

Darrell said...

the only baby worth mentioning is little Evie.

Unknown said...

Love the purple, really makes the room! Being a law student you should check out JD Match. I work with JD Match, a company striving to add some much needed sanity to the recruiting process. Using a sophisticated matching algorithm, they can help you be discovered by employers looking for what you have to offer. Visit their site to see how it works, sign up for a free membership, and get some control over the recruitment process. http://bit.ly/rXuWaK