Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Celebrations and Observations

The beginning of a new school year always allows if not forces us to contemplate what we will or should get accomplished as we move forward in life. Like any other slacker or procrastinator, I choose instead to focus on things much more fun.
  • Today is September 1st. Nick and I have been married for four awesome and adventurous months! Two thumbs up for my beyond fantastic significant other who happens to look like a GQ model.






























  • When Nick and I need a break from homework, (Yes we've only had two days of class... but all our hard work thus far deserves a break!) we watch House. Recent observation: Sela Ward looks like MOM. Mom is obviously a much classier version of the celebrity hottie, but nonetheless Nick and I see a resemblance.













  • I have mastered the art of making 7 dozen oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in one hour. I seem to have a problem. I can't make less than a MILLION cookies. Fortunately my sweet husband enjoys gorging himself of my feeble attempts to copy my mother's baking, so they don't last as long as they should.

  • When you are married you officially become... uncool. Nick and I invited Dallin and Cassie over to watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and we BOTH fell asleep within thirty minutes of the show! What amazing hosts we are! Dallin kindly woke Nick up at the end and graciously thanked us for "spending time with them." I guess all the working this summer has finally taken a toll on the Jordans. Or maybe we are just big losers. Happily married big losers that is.

  • I am planning my first wedding this weekend for a friend at work. (Flowers, favors, decorations, etc.) I have been furiously trying to finish all the details so it turns out okay. Wish me luck and I will hopefully post pictures soon.


  • Nick and I bought BYU All-Sport passes this year with Chelsea Jordan. We are beyond excited to cheer BYU on in football and basketball! Go Cougs! PS I am officially graduating in August! There IS light at the end of the tunnel....


8 comments:

danielle said...

Love that you have a blog! Congrats on your "uncool" life :)
I'm done in August too. Best feeling ever, huh?

Alix said...

I love HOUSE! Congats on 4 months, you guys are adorable together :]

Darrell said...

I have never heard of "House", but suspect that it might cause me to sleep as well. Love your blog!

sheila said...

Your hubby does look like a GQ model. You're not so bad yourself! Thanks for the kind comparison to Sela, this Sheila could only hope. Four wonderful months together, awesome. Keep those cookies coming and I bet you could double that!

Nancy said...

Welcome to the ranks of the "uncool," Syd. It's not as bad as it sounds! And, just for the record, we loved hanging with you and Nick!

Brent said...

OK, so I definitely see the resemblance between Sela and Shelly. Good call! And I seriously wish Nick was here to eat the several dozen monster cookies I made this week. I made them right before I got sick and Brent won't eat them b/c there's oatmeal in them. They are literally wasting away! So sad. Miss you! BTW, you only get more tired. Just wait...:) This is Darcee BTW

Sarah said...

i. am. stalking. you. be. aware. :)

Krystal Ann said...

OMG I LOOOOVVVE House! Hugh Laurie is beautifully wonderful. Brad and I watch House all the time too!