If Stacy and Clinton have taught me nothing else - it's that a girl can never have too many go-to basics. The oh-so-flattering pencil skirt, the great pair of tush-envy jeans, the everyday black pumps - the list goes on.
While I have already compiled a similar list for my daughter, I realized she might have to wait a few years to enjoy pumps or a pencil skirt. So, I tweaked the list to be more baby friendly. Here it is:
Stacy and Clinton's List for the Baby Fashionista
1. Endless supply of adorable everyday onesies. (Always flattering for the delicious diaper bum)
2. Copious pairs of itty-bitty shoes and socks that look like shoes.
3. A great Polo dress or twelve.
4. Black, Black, Black. Always chic, always slimming, black on baby girls is magnifique!
5. A great pair of bootylicious baby jeans. (Its never too early to shake what your mama gave you)
6. Fur. Need I say more?
7. A Ruffled swimsuit for those lazy days by the pool.
8. Apply animal prints liberally. (AAPL)
9. Leggings. The chubbier the thighs, the tastier the baby.
10. A timeless peacoat. (With matching beret of course)
I have furiously been trying to round up all of the items on Stacy and Clinton's list. From the womb, our daughter is already at the top of her game in terms of fashion. Who said never wearing the same thing twice is a bad thing? Definitely not our beignet, she's ready to take the shopping world by storm.
I'll show our efforts by displaying the following photos. We are currently hard at work at number one on Stacy and Clinton's list and Grandma She-She and Grandma Jordan are furiously working on numbers 2-10. (Gotta love the Grandmas)
Here are some onesies that Aunt Darel and I have been working on the past several weeks:
They are super easy to make and really fun. If we can do it, anybody can!
Wish me luck with the shopping Gods.
Oh and here is a picture of me. I am 27 weeks today.