Nick and have been having a rough time returning to normal life after the thanksgiving we just had. Lets be real - who could go back to normal life after spending time with this? Look up and stare at how cute my niece and nephews are. Keep staring. Are you jealous? Cuz you should be.
I can't even begin to elaborate on how much fun the Jordans had back home at the Smarties. I feel left out because I didn't get to list what I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving because I was busy having the time of my life. So feel free to skip to the end if you don't want to read my most Thankful list. In no particular order... except for the first one.
1. This guy. No one in the world looks this good in lime green shorts. Thank Goodness I snatched him before some other BYU Co-ed.
2. The Super Smarts.
3. My new fam, the Jordans.
4. My Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Hello roasted vegetable soup everyday for the rest of my life. Ina Garten might be my cooking idol if I didn't already have one. Which leads me to the next on my list.
5. Mama Smart and her out-of-this-world-palette-pleasing-goodness. No one does it like the SheWolf. If only I could learn how to cook like her I would die a happy girl.
6. My history classes. So much work, so much
reading, so many facts and dates. But holy cow do I love that stuff. It seriously thrills me. If only I could figure out how to go back in time and re-live it all for myself.
7. Baby Ally, Cole and Keith. They get their own spot on the list because they are cuter than everyone else.
8. Cheese. I could inhale an entire block of fresh mozzarella right now. Nick thinks its unfair that I get a whole drawer in our refrigerator for my cheese. Little does he know that the "vegetable drawer," is code for MORE CHEESE. Delicately placed under the carrots and the celery.
9. Temples. I love going with the hubby. It's seriously the best date ever.
10. My kitchen aid. Not only is it pretty, but oh-so-functional. If there were room in our bed besides Nick, me, and my brand new beach cruiser, I would let it sleep with me.
11. Celine Dion. Look her up on Wikipedia if you are ever bored. Not only is she a very intriguing person, but her music speaks to my soul.
12. Bounce dryer sheets. Possibly the best smell in the world. It reminds me so much of home and how much mom loved us enough to do our laundry for us.
13. Newport Beach Temple. I know I already mentioned temples generically, but this one is special. Grandpa Hague sealed Nick and I there 7 months and one day ago and I'm so thankful for that experience.
I love Thanksgiving and I'm so sad it's over, but we have Christmas to look forward too. And on an equally bright side, I just ate 9 pumpkin chocolate chip cookies by myself. I mine as well make it a dozen. Nick will be thankful for that I'm sure.