Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Provo St. Patty's











































Nick and I had so much fun at the O'Smart's Irish party that we thought we would just continue with our own. As you can see we invited our friends (regardless of their heritage) and had a fantastic green dinner. Tyler who is pictured first is the best man in our wedding and obviously the most enthusiastic about St. Patty's. Nick's camera has a function where you can highlight a color which worked perfect for our dinner. The next couple is Mike and Lauren, and then Hyrum and Arleene. Lauren, Arleene and I made dinner while the boys listened to Irish music and played Donkey Kong on the Super Nintendo. (A trend I'm sure I will see more of throughout my life) We died bowtie noodles green and then made pesto chicken. Then we made a green alfredo sauce. We had green salad and asparagus and ciabatta rolls with green butter and mozzarella cheese. For drinks we had lime ricky's. It was quite fantastic. It gets better. For dessert we made "Finger lickin good cake" that came from my Cake Doctor book. Everything was died green of course and it all turned out delicious. Overall, it was a really fun night. I've really enjoyed learning to cook and it's always fun with friends. Hyrum and Arleene are getting married a week before Nick and I and Mike and Lauren will be getting married next Spring, so we'll have some married friends soon!

4 comments:

Darcee said...

Those pics are cool! What a neat camera function! I'm impressed with your green dinner. The cupcakes look especially appetizing. I miss you!

chelsea said...

You are so domestic!! I am way impressed!!

sheila said...

Hey Syd, I think you should call up Ricker and issue a green challenge for next years St. Patty's day dinner. I think you are ready for the "Irish" Iron Chef!

Darrell said...

I like the "challenge the Ricker" idea. Kind of an Irish greatest heritage gauntlet. Trust me, you will lose. Afterall, the Ricker is the Irish bard who was entrusted to introduce to our family the "Irish Miracle." But as your father, Good Luck!